Seaweed Wraps Recipes: The Best Seaweed Rice Paper Rolls (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
A delicious and healthy vegan snack made with rice paper wraps, Ocean's Halo Trayless Seaweed Snacks, fresh avocado, cucumbers and rice. Add your favourite fillings to customize and make sure you dip in sauce to enjoy! This is gluten-free recipe is perfect for picnics, on the go lunches and as a healthy snack.
• 8 rice paper, spring roll wrappers
• 1-2 packs of Ocean’s Halo Sea Salt Seaweed Snack
• 2 ½ cups cooked short grain white rice, more as needed
• 1-2 persian cucumbers, julienned
• 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
• ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
• 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 small garlic clove, grated
• 1 green onion, green tops thinly sliced
• ½ tsp toasted white sesame seeds
• Prepare a flat dish with warm water and lightly grease a cutting board or other working surface with neutral oil.
• To assemble, soak one rice paper sheet in water until submerged completely and slightly soft (but not too soft, it’ll continue to soften as it sits!) and lay it flat on your greased surface.
• Grab a handful of cucumber sticks and a slice of avocado and place it in the middle of the rice paper sheet. Add ¼ to ⅓ cup of cooked rice on top followed by 1-2 pieces of seaweed on top. Tightly fold the top of the rice paper sheet over the center, followed by the bottom and both sides to seal. Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets.
• Whisk together all sauce ingredients and serve alongside the rolls, for dipping.
Featured in Pinterest's article
Come together with these AAPI dishes