Discover Pinterest’s 10 best ideas and inspiration for Unusual facts. Get inspired and try out new things.
1. “The Villages” is an over-55 community in Florida that has the highest consumption of draft beer and STD rate in the state.
Ryan Nicole saved to Amazing!
1. Chinese billionaire Joseph Lau spent over $50 million on diamonds for two of his daughters, one of which was 1-year-old.
1. When babies are born in Thailand, it is common for people to say the baby is ugly. There is a superstition that attractive babies will be taken by evil spirits. It is impolite to say positive things about the baby.
Littlelivilu2 saved to Apple
1. The ‘Oscar Love Curse’ is a strong superstition that is believed to be true in Hollywood circles. According to it, a woman who is awarded the Academy Award for Best Actress or Best Supporting Actress is doomed to have her relationship fail, where her boyfriend or husband will cheat on her or divorce her soon after.
Brittany Bartlett saved to Funny
1. Men who do not have chest hair are deficient in a particular androgen or male hormones.
Michelle Duff saved to Stuff
1. In 2009, despite having DNA evidence of the suspect, German police could not prosecute the perpetrator of a $6.8 million jewel heist because the DNA belonged to identical twins (Abbas and Hassan O), and there was no evidence to prove which one of them was the culprit. #twins #identicaltwins #world #crime #nba #factrepublic #wtffact #knowledge
1. During the filming of Star Trek (2009), Zachary Quinto could not manage to properly do the Vulcan salute. Eventually, J.J. Abrams had to glue his fingers together in order for Quinto to do it correctly.
Kate saved to Interesting Facts
1. When Jane Hawking, Stephen Hawking’s first wife saw the movie script for The Theory of Everything, she deleted all the F-words, saying “Scientists in the 1960s and 70s didn't use the F-word and I’m pretty sure they don't know either.”
harriet amoquandoh saved to crazy comics
1. The difference between hay and straw is that hay has seeds in it, and straw is just stems. #english #language #grammar #knowledge #education #youshouldknow #wtffact #awesome #funfact #didyouknow #interesting #fascinating
Fact Republic saved to General Knowledge