Cluny Castle was originally built c.1604, replacing either a house or small peel tower. Sited in the parish of Cluny, it is south of Monymusk & north of Sauchen in Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland. Owned by 3 separate branches of Gordon families over the centuries, it sheltered Jacobite rebels in the mid-18th century. Extensive additions were made in 1820. Two wings of the castle & the adjoining private chapel were destroyed by fire in 1926, but the damage was restored.