U-boot U 2450 moored in the old port of Bremerhaven, Germany as a permanent maritime museum. Built at the end of WW2, U 2540 was commissioned on Feb 25, 1945. On May 4, 1945 she was scuttled off the Flensburg Fjord near Kiel. In 1957 she was raised, underwent a complete refit at the HDW shipyards in Kiel, and was baptized Wilhelm Bauer. She was commissioned into the new German Navy in 1958 as an experimental sub. She was finally decommissioned in Nov 1980.